By becoming a member you are agreeing to our terms & conditions:
- Only fully paid up members bringing a Current Membership Card with them are allowed to use the Scrapstore, whether they are collecting materials or purchasing from the Arts and Crafts shop.
- “No card, No visit”
- Members may be asked to show ID when visiting the Scrapstore.
- If you are taking out a membership with several signatories please ensure that each signatory has read these terms and conditions.
- Scrap materials are intended solely for use of members. They must not be re-sold, exchanged or used for any purpose other than that of the member group.
- Members of the Scrapstore must accept full responsibility for care and attention when handling, distributing and supervising the use of materials, and for ensuring that personnel are properly qualified to take that responsibility.
- Membership is not available to any group or individual who discriminates against any other individual or group on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability.
- Membership cards are not transferable. Membership cards should not be lent to anyone other than nominated individuals ( signatories) within your group. Materials should not be collected on behalf of any other group or individual by anyone who is not a current signatory.
- No more than 3 named users from any one group can visit at a time.
Group memberships are for named users of the group only, they do not extend to bringing friends in to use the scrapstore. All users of the scrapstore do need to be members, unless it is an open day, anyone is welcome on these days.
We do have 3 categories of group membership and if you would like more people from your group to have all year round access to the scrapstore, please ask about upgrading to a larger group.
- Individual membership, means individual, it is for the named user only. If you have problems with mobility we are happy for you to bring a friend to help you carry items. If ththey are also using scrapstore resources, we would however, encourage you to get them to join as a member, also.
- Members must be aged 18 or over. Children under 8 are not permitted in the Scrapstore. Children 8-18 must be supervised by an adult at all times. If this request is not carried out, you may be asked to leave.
- The Scrapstore reserves the right to refuse admission to individual members or representatives, and to refuse admission or suspend membership to that individual or group if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Conditions of Membership have been contravened, by any individual member, group representative or group as a whole.
- Any individual or group wishing to challenge a decision affecting membership or admission to the Scrapstore, may apply in writing giving all relevant details and addressed:- ‘For the attention of the Southampton Scrapstore management committee’.
- Members agree to indemnify the Scrapstore against all claims, demands, expenses, proceedings, costs and charges whatsoever in respect of any loss damage or injury which may occur to any person or property by or arising in connection with any materials supplied by the Scrapstore.
Members are kindly asked to Remember:-
- Please remember that we only have two paid members of staff, the other people you see in the scrapstore are volunteers. They give up their time for free so the scrapstore can stay open. Please be polite to them and remember, they may not be able to answer all of your queries.
- To do their best to keep the materials tidy, leaving materials on the floor can create a hazard and generates more work for the volunteers who run the Scrapstore.
- To not take more materials than required and return any unwanted materials for the benefit of other members.
- That availability of materials varies considerably in accordance with supply and demand, so visits to the Scrapstore should be made with an open mind.