By becoming a member you are agreeing to our terms & conditions:
- Only fully paid up members bringing a Current Membership Card with them are allowed to use the Scrapstore, whether they are collecting materials or purchasing from the Arts and Crafts shop.
- “No card, No visit”
- Members may be asked to show ID when visiting the Scrapstore.
- Scrap materials are intended solely for use of members. They must not be re-sold, exchanged or used for any purpose other than that of the member group.
- Members of the Scrapstore must accept full responsibility for care and attention when handling, distributing and supervising the use of materials, and for ensuring that personnel are properly qualified to take that responsibility.
- Membership is not available to any group or individual who discriminates against any other individual or group on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability.
- Membership cards are not transferable. Membership cards should not be lent to anyone other than nominated individuals or users within your group. Materials should not be collected on behalf of any other group or individual.
- No more than two persons from any one group are allowed per visit, one of whom should be a nominated user. This applies to individual members as well.
- Members must be aged 18 or over. Children under 12 are not permitted in the Scrapstore.
- The Scrapstore reserves the right to refuse admission to individual members or representatives, and to refuse admission or suspend membership to that individual or group if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Conditions of Membership have been contravened, by any individual member, group representative or group as a whole.
- Any individual or group wishing to challenge a decision affecting membership or admission to the Scrapstore, may apply in writing giving all relevant details and addressed:- ‘For the attention of the Southampton Scrapstore management committee’.
- Members agree to indemnify the Scrapstore against all claims, demands, expenses, proceedings, costs and charges whatsoever in respect of any loss damage or injury which may occur to any person or property by or arising in connection with any materials supplied by the Scrapstore.
Members are kindly asked to Remember:-
- To do their best to keep the materials tidy, leaving materials on the floor can create a hazard and generates more work for the volunteers who run the Scrapstore.
- To not take more materials than required and return any unwanted materials for the benefit of other members.
- That availability of materials varies considerably in accordance with supply and demand, so visits to the Scrapstore should be made with an open mind.