Membership terms and conditions – Covid-19 compliant – July 2020
- Only fully paid up members, bringing a current membership card with them are allowed to use the Scrapstore, whether they are collecting materials or purchasing from the Arts and Crafts shop.
- Membership cards are not transferable. Membership cards should not be lent to anyone other than nominated individuals or users within your group. Materials should not be collected on behalf of any other group or individual. If you share your card with someone else, your membership may be suspended. We may ask for ID to confirm your membership.
- Membership cards MUST be shown upon entry – NO CARD, NO VISIT
- Lost cards must be reported 3 working days prior to your intended visit date, this is to ensure a new one is ready to be issued – we will not be able to issue a new one on the day.
- Only one person per membership can enter the store on a single visit.
- Visits limited to 15 mins per person
- Visits limited to one per week for all membership categories until further notice
- We will be operating on a shoe string of staff and volunteers, please be patient and be prepared to queue outside – remember to bring suitable attire.
- No parking on the forecourt of the scrapstore as this area will be used for queueing– there is a carpark at the end of the industrial estate numbers 15 are our parking spots and road parking behind the store.
- Please bring your own bags
- We would prefer that any payments made are via card.
- All members must use hand sanitiser before you enter the store (if you can bring your own – great, however, we will supply it at the door)
- We welcome members to wear , if they wish to, masks and/or gloves when they enter (gloves must be new and put on after hand sanitation)
- Please be prepared to wait and queue outside the shop whist observing social distancing
- Respect other members personal space and be patient when inside the store
- Please be polite to our staff and volunteers, these procedures are new for us all
- We will be operating a one way system – please observe our signs
- We understand that the scrapstore does often require a lot of touching to feel and assess items; we ask that you try not to touch anything that you are not going to take.
- Membership renewals – where possible, please renew online through our website – this is to reduce your time in the store, and please wait until you have received email conformation of your renewal before visiting the store.
- Members of the Scrapstore must accept full responsibility for care and attention when handling, distributing and supervising the use of materials. Please follow health and safety when using the store, please do not climb to reach an item, over fill bags or run when in the store.
- Scrap materials are intended solely for use by members and their named groups. They must not be re-sold in the same condition, exchanged or used for any other purpose than that of the member group. You are welcome to create things from our materials and sell them on as something new.
- Membership is not available to any group or individual discriminating against any other individual or group on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability.
- Members must be aged 18 or over.
- If it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Conditions of Membership have been contravened, by any individual member, group representative or group as a whole, the Scrapstore reserves the right to refuse admission to individual members or representatives, and to refuse admission or suspend membership to that individual or group.
- Any individual or group wishing to challenge a decision affecting admission to the Scrapstore or membership, may apply in writing giving all relevant details and addressed ‘For the attention of the Southampton Scrapstore management committee’.
- Members agree to indemnify the Scrapstore against all claims, demands, expenses, proceedings, costs and charges whatsoever in respect of any loss damage or injury which may occur to any person or property by or arising in connection with any materials supplied by the Scrapstore.
Members are kindly asked to Remember:-
To do their best to keep the materials tidy, as leaving materials on the floor can create a hazard and generates more work for the volunteers who run the Scrapstore.
Not to take more materials than required, and to return unwanted material, this maximises benefits to other members
That the availability of materials varies considerably in accordance with supply and demand, so visits to the Scrapstore should be made with an open mind. We cannot guarantee the availability of any materials, as all are donated to us as a charity.
The Scrapstore is a charity funded by membership fees, donations and fundraising, we cannot afford to give away materials for free.