Website Terms and conditions
Membership Terms and Conditions – as from 21 June 2022
- Only fully paid-up members, bringing proof of their current membership, are allowed to use the Scrapstore, whether they are collecting materials or purchasing from the arts and crafts shop.
- Membership taken out online is automatically renewed upon expiry of the membership period. Members are responsible for managing their own membership and can do so via the Southampton Scrapstore website; please make a note of when membership is due to expire. Members will be notified prior to payment being taken and it is Members’ responsibility to keep contact details up-to-date. Members can cancel renewal of membership via their account online. Please be aware that if Members cancel after the membership has been renewed the Scrapstore will charge a cancellation fee.
- Membership is not transferable. Only the named individuals are allowed to use the membership and this information should not be lent to anyone other than nominated individuals or users within your group.
- Materials should not be collected on behalf of any other group or individual. If you share your membership with someone else, your membership may be suspended. The Scrapstore may ask for ID to confirm your membership.
- A COPY OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP MUST BE SHOWN UPON ENTRY – IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROOF YOU MAY BE EITHER REFUSED ENTRY OR CHARGED A £5 DAY RATE.
- For group membership a maximum of 3 named individuals are allowed to visit together as a group. Small group membership holders are restricted to one visit per week to the store and limited to one large bag of scrap per group per visit. Medium and large group memberships are restricted to one visit per week to the store and limited to one large bag of scrap per visitor per visit.
- There is no limit to visits if you hold an individual or student membership.
- Card payments are accepted on transactions of £5 and over only.
- One-day membership is offered from time-to-time by the Scrapstore and is only available to purchase in store. (One-day membership is usually restricted to school holiday periods; the periods when one-day membership is offered and costs are advertised on social media and the Southampton Scrapstore website.) One-day memberships are valid on the day of purchase and allow entry as a member to one individual; your receipt is your proof of one-day membership. One small carrier bag of scrap is included in the one-day membership purchase price; a larger bag can be purchased by paying the extra cost.
- Annual membership holders will be sent periodic membership newsletters by email. If a Member wishes to opt-out of newsletters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to this effect and your details will be removed from the mailing list.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change periodically by the Board of Trustees. By ticking to agree to these Terms and Conditions, Members are agreeing to amendments and/or additions to Terms and Conditions which may be introduced during their membership period. The latest version is published on the Southampton Scrapstore website at https://southamptonscrapstore.org.uk/terms-and-conditions-members/
In addition to the above, the following Terms and Conditions apply to all the Scrapstore membership categories (one-day, individual, student, small group, medium group, large group):
- On busy days visits are restricted to 20 minutes as there is a limit to the number of people allowed in the Scrapstore at any one time.
- There is no parking allowed on the forecourt of the Scrapstore. This area is used for queuing and for the loading and unloading of the Scrapstore vehicle. There is a car park at the end of the industrial estate; No. 15 is our allocated space or park on the road behind the store.
- The Scrapstore encourages Members to bring their own bags if possible but, if Members do not have one, ask a volunteer for one in store.
- Due to space restrictions the Scrapstore is only allowed to have 5 members in store at any one time. In the case of group memberships who attend together, a maximum of 3 of that group are allowed entry to the store together and will be classed as 1; they will be expected to remain as a group in store.
- Respect other Members’ personal space and be patient when inside the Scrapstore.
- Please be polite to volunteers at all times.
- The Scrapstore operates a one-way system – please observe signs and follow the arrows.
- Members of the Scrapstore must accept full responsibility for care and attention when handling, distributing and supervising the use of materials. Please follow health and safety when using the Scrapstore; please do not climb to reach an item, overfill bags or run when in the store.
- Scrap materials are intended solely for use by Members and their named groups. Materials must not be re-sold in the same condition, exchanged or used for any other purpose than that of the member group. Members are welcome to create things from the Scrapstore materials and sell them on as something new.
- Membership is not available to any group or individual discriminating against any other individual or group on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability.
- Members must be aged 16 or over. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed in the store as this invalidates our insurance.
- If the Scrapstore has reasonable grounds to believe that the Membership Terms and Conditions have been contravened by any one-day member, individual or student member, group representative or group as a whole, the Scrapstore reserves the right to refuse admission to individual members or representatives and to refuse admission or suspend membership to that individual or group.
- Any individual or group wishing to challenge a decision effecting admission to the Scrapstore or membership, may do so in writing giving all relevant details and by addressing correspondence ‘For the attention of the Southampton Scrapstore Board of Trustees’.
- Members agree to indemnify the Scrapstore against all claims, demands, expenses, proceedings, costs and charges whatsoever in respect of any loss, damage or injury which may occur to any person or property by or arising in connection with any materials supplied by the Scrapstore.
- The Scrapstore recommends that materials used by children are under adult supervision.
Members are kindly asked to remember:
- To do their best to keep the materials tidy, as leaving materials on the floor can create a hazard and generates more work for the volunteers who run the Scrapstore.
- Not to take more materials than required, and to return unwanted material; this maximises benefits to other Members.
- To be aware that the availability of materials varies considerably in accordance with supply and demand, so visits to the Scrapstore should be made with an open mind. The Scrapstore cannot guarantee the availability of any materials, as all are donated to us as a charity.
- The Scrapstore is a charity run by volunteers and funded by membership fees, donations and fundraising; the Scrapstore cannot afford to give away materials for free.
Approved by Trustees 21/6/22